Mortal Kombat RP - character sheet and kombat explenation

Discussion in 'RPG Information' started by majus, Jan 1, 2024.

1. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

[​IMG]

I present you the character sheet and explanation of Kombat! Your characters will start as novices, and then slowly grow.
    If you want to play race not included in the sheet (like Edenina or Kreeyan) – let me know.

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Pic/description:
    History:
    Traits
    : You have 5 points to spend. You can take only one R-type trait

Cryomancer (R; -3 points) – Cryomancers resemble pale-skinned humans. They have the ability to control and manipulate ice. You gain resistance to cold and the ability to manipulate ice, but need to learn how to use it in combat.

Shokan (R; -6 points) – the Shokan, are a race of half-dragon and half-humans with four arms. You gain +3 health and +1 action.

Saurian (R; -4 points) – the Saurians are reptilian humanoids capable of shapeshifting. In their true form, they resemble lizards. You can shapeshift and you can learn how to spit acid.

Edenian (R; -5 points) – the Edenian are descended from the gods themselves which was the reason for their longevity, nobility and strength. You start with +3 Mana, +1 Health, +2 stamina, you can also learn a special magical technique and develop it around a theme (scream, telekinesis, energy attack, wind control, water, hair manipulation, etc.)

Vampire (Moroi) (R; -3 points) – the Vampire race is Human in appearance but possesses sharp fangs as well as wings. You have +2 stamina and the ability to fly but need to feed with blood in order to survive.

Sex Slave (+2 points) – you are a sex slave, in bondage to your master to do with as they please. Maybe someday you will gain your freedom, but until that time, you fuck and breed when ordered to.

Gladiator (+2 points) – you are a slave used for fighting. Your fate is to fight and die in the arena... or as a slave soldier be thrown away in the first wave of battle.

Loyalty (+2 points) – you are bound loyal to a faction/person. You will never betray your master.

Sorcerer's apprentice (-3 points) – you are apprenticed to a sorcerer/sorceress who teaches you magic. you gain +5 mana and will be taught at least one spell.

Loyal follower (-2 points) – you gained the loyalty of a fellow outworlder – they would even die for you! They can be servant, a lover, a fellow villager, slave, slave lover, etc..,

Concubine (-3 points) – you are a concubine to someone with power – might be a merchant, a commander, etc. With that comes protection and some power in their small faction, but you are still expected to serve your family and produce an heir.

Target (+1 point) – you pissed someone off, and they want you dead. They will not stop until you are dead. Thankfully, they have little resources.

Bounty (+2 points) – now you've done it. There is a group or someone powerful who wants you dead.

Experienced (-1 point) – you are experienced in life. You start with +1 health and +1 Stamina

Healthy (-2 points) +3 health

Sickly (+2 points) -3 health

Agile (-2 points) +4 stamina

Clumsy (+2 points) -4 stamina

Strong (-3 points) +1 dmg

Weak (+3 points) -1 dmg (minimum 1 dmg)

Magical powerhouse (-2 points) +5 mana

Magically gifted (-2 points) +1 magical dmg

Combat Stats of character:
    Health = 3
    Stamina = 9
    Mana = 0
    Actions = 2

Combat Actions:
    Punch – 1 damage, 2 stamina
    Kick – 2 damage, 4 stamina
    Counter – 1 damage, 2 stamina
    Dodge – 2 stamina

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

[​IMG]

Combat Explanation

The system works in a simple way, like rock, paper, scissors.

Punch defeats kick defeats counter defeats punch –
    or: punch → kick → counter → punch → kick → counter → punch

All attacks can be dodged.

The combat starts with you knowing some of the enemy's actions (around half – can be more or less depending on the difference in skill). You then declare your actions, Then the GM shows what was the hidden (if any) action of the enemy. Then the solution of the round is summed.

Example:
    Kara (the player) faces Siro
    Both Kara and Siro are:
    Health = 4
    Stamina = 5
    Mana = 0
    Actions = 2

Siro's actions are:
    Punch, ?

Kara declares:
    Counter, kick.

The round then goes as -
    Kara countered Siro's punch, dealing 1 dmg and spending 2 stamina.
    Kara and Siro both kicked, blocking each other – they both spend 3 stamina but take no damage.

Kara has 0 stamina and 4 health.
    Siro has 1 stamina and 3 health.

The next round starts and each character recovers their stamina from the previous round -1. Each round the combat goes, their stamina in combat goes down.

So both characters start with 4 stamina

Next round:
    Siro starts:
    Counter, ?

Kara declares:
    Kick – since she has to little stamina for more actions.

Result
    Kara counters Siro's punch but is unable to act further, so Siro's next punch hits her. Each character loses 1 health.

As your character develops abilities, they will learn special moves, usage of weapons and maybe even magic. This will complicate the system, so it will be introduced slowly.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    moonblack and Regin34 like this.
  2. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

So, if I understand it right when I take negative traits I get more points at stats, so in theory I could make powerful warrior with enemies around him and burned all bridges?

majus likes this.
  3. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Yes, indeed - you can screw your character in that way :)
    Just take into consideration - your character starts as a novice and will be levelling up as the adventure progresses, and there are more powerful characters out there.

4. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Hmm... on one hand the battle system is different and I want to see for myself how well it will work... on the other, not in the mood for anything too dark...

Either way, a question:
    So what happens if both combatants run out of Stamina without a winner? Is the battle declared a draw?

majus likes this.
  5. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

That is one of the solutions. They can also wait a little to rest, or allies can interfere. Or they can just collapse from exhaustion. So many possibilities - all depends on the situation.

6. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

So something like this (work in progress, obviously):
    Character Sheet
    Name:
    Icena
    Pic/description:
    SorceressIce1.jpg
    SorceressIce2.jpg
    SorceressIce3.jpg
    Ignore the tatoo on her arm

History:
    An orphan who by chance discovered that she could use ice magic. With some effort she managed to find a Cryomancer sorceress willing to take her as an apprentice and teach her magic – but not for free. She had to sign a magically-binding contract and become the sorceress' bodyguard for the years she would spend studying under her.

Traits:
    Cryomancer (R; -3 points) – Cryomancers resemble pale-skinned humans. They have the ability to control and manipulate ice. You gain resistance to cold and the ability to manipulate ice, but need to learn how to use it in combat.
    Sorceress' apprentice (-3 points) – you are apprenticed to a sorceress who teaches you magic. You gain +5 mana and will be taught at least one spell.
    Experienced (-1 point) – you are experienced in life. You start with +1 health and +1 Stamina
    Indentured Servant - Bodyguard (+2 points) – you are bound to your master via a magically-enforced contract. Once the contract is over you are free to go, but until then you are forced to do what the contract requires of you (in your case to be a bodyguard for the person you signed the contract with).

Health = 3+1
    Stamina = 9+1
    Mana = 0+5
    Actions = 2

Combat Actions:
    Dodge – 2 stamina
    Unknown Spell

Regin34 and majus like this.
  7. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Oh yeah, I forgot that half-dragons in Mortal Kombat were....weird four-armed thingies.
    And here i have this Half-Dragon all AI Arted up just for the occasion.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    originally I was thinking some kind of half dragon/half human metal(silver) shaping punchy guy. Being reminded that a Half-Dragon/Half-Human race exists in Mortal Kombat means i might have to adjust my plans slightly.

Looking at the wiki, Edinians look pretty close to human (outside of Tartakans) and do have dragons. So maybe some kind of half-edinian/half-dragon? Thing?

Or I try to AI Art four arms, but that could be a pain(or really easy. It's AI Art :rolleyes:)

majus likes this.
  8. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Yes, the traits are good - The bodyguard one is okay and the sum of points 0 - so it's okay.
    The update for Combat stats is also good.

9. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

The pic you choose looks more like Mortal Kombat's vampire :D
    [​IMG]

Edenians don't have dragons :confused: ? I think they don't have.
    The Edenians descent from gods. You want to make half god- half dragon? Now that is overpowered! Sorry but, no - that kind of character would be just too powerful.
    But, if you want, I can make a race trait for either Edenian or Vampire (also known as Moroi or Vaeternians).

10. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Updated my post with a name, a few pictures, and a brief history. Still undecided on whether to make her a woman or a futa.

majus likes this.
  11. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I don't know how accurate the wiki is, but Caro and Orin are both stated to be guardian dragons of/from Edinia. (There does seem to be a bunch of half x/half edinian characters though)

I could probably do that instead. I'm not usually big on vampires, but the MK Vampires seem to have little to do with Earthrealm's vampire myths(other than the drinking blood part). However, i may have to adjust the character's appearance a little. Not sure if Bright Silver and Glowy is the best theme for a nocturnal creature.

Edit: actually, we could keep the silver theme and just say that it has something to do with the metal/silver shaping theme i want to go with. Maybe he's not actually all silver and glowy, but just coated in silver.

12. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Okay, looks good. Sorceress and Cyromancer? Just so you know, other Cyromancer can teach her ice techniques, it's racial ability. Magic would be separate branch - wait Futa :eek:
    Like Cyromancer futa making ice strap-ons or futa-futa?

Oh... Yes, there were those dragons there. Forgot about the.

Added Vampire trait.

So a simple Edenian who has delusions of grandeur? Okay.
    Added Edenian trait.

Later update Combat stats and combat actions.

Stamina = 9-4 (clumsy) = 5
    Punch – 1+1 = 2 damage, 2 stamina
    Kick – 2+1 = 3 damage, 4 stamina
    Counter – 1+1 = 2 damage, 2 stamina

13. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

On the futa thing: Either is fine, I don't have a preference. So actual futa is fine, but so is making ice strap-ons instead. Whichever would work better for the story.

About the sorceress thing, would the lessons she gets from the sorceress be of any help in learning ice techniques on her own? Or are the two too far apart?

majus likes this.
  14. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Valerian
    Pic/description:
    [​IMG]

History:

Valerian is a young Moroi with a unique affinity for the manipulation of silver. Born with a crescent moon mark on his back. He paid little heed to it. With dark hair and brown wings, he lived a relatively normal life (for a Moroi) until he became an adult. He was a fighter and trained to provide night protection to caravans traveling the wastes of Outworld*. One night, he was paid with a bag of silver coins. His most lucrative job yet. When he woke, he found the bag empty and while searching for the lost money he saw a mirror** and found a very different creature staring back at him.

His wings had been coated in a silvery substance and his hair had turned a misty white. Blobs of the strange sliver substance covered parts of his skin. It flowed across his body like a liquid, but when he pushed on it with his finger; it felt like a solid metal...solid silver. He traced his finger across his skin and discovered that the metal followed it. He was controlling it -somewhat-.

After some effort, he learned that the birthmark on his back marked him with the ability to control and manipulate silver. Although currently an untrained ability, silver naturally flows with his thoughts. It moves naturally to protect him from attacks or augment his fists or perhaps even as a coating for his cock to protect from unwanted pregnancies.

Currently, the ability is untrained and the motion of the silver is subconscious at best and largely just provides him with a bit of durability. It takes him great focus to actively manipulate the power and he has yet to hone his skill with it. Eventually it could be used to create weapons, fire shards of silver at his enemies, or even mass extract silver from the earth. With how valuable silver is to currency, alchemy, and magic. Such a power would be quite valuable in the right...or wrong hands. This makes him a target for those who want to use his abilities...or snuff them out before they become a danger.

Traits
    :
    Vampire (Moroi) (R; -3 points) the Vampire race is Human in appearance but possesses sharp fangs as well as wings. You have +2 stamina and the ability to fly but need to feed with blood in order to survive.
    Bounty (+2 points) – now you've done it. There is a group or someone powerful who wants you dead.
    Healthy (-2 points) +3 health
    Special ability - control silver (-2 points) - you have the potential to control silver, even use it in combat. You need to either train or learn how to use it. You have some mana but will have to grow it to use more powerful variations of the skill - Mana +1

Health = 3 +3
    Stamina = 9+2
    Mana = 0 +1
    Actions = 2

Combat Actions:

Dodge – 2 stamina

*based on what I was reading on the wiki, Vaeternus the home realm of the Moroi was conquered and incorporated into Outworld until a game that's probably no longer in the timeline.I'm going to assume that it's still part of Outworld in this RPG unless told otherwise.
    **I'm mostly going to assume that many of the earthrealm superstitions involving Vampires is inaccurate or misleading unless told otherwise. The wiki mentioned that Moroi only have the weakness to sunlight in common with vampire myths, but some other things i saw mention said there was also some weakness to wood
    *** it feels a bit weird taking a mana-enhancing ability without having a spell to use, but i figure Valerian to be a sort of hybrid fighting-magic character and i guess I'm just gambling on the hope that having the extra health will give him enough time to actually use that mana.

Also learning that the crescent moon is the alchemical symbol for silver and kind of thematic for a "vampire" race was something that I couldn't just ignore.

majus likes this.
  15. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Never worked with futa before... how would you fit it in the setting? Would she be some kind of sorceress experiment like Milena?

As for Cryomancer, those two would be rather far apart. Sorceress, unless she was a Cyromancer herself, would not be able to teach you anything of Cyromancer's arts.

16. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Barely familiar with the setting myself, so let's go with "ice strap-ons" instead of actual futa. Makes things simpler, I think.

As for the sorceress thing, it could be that the sorceress is also a Cryomancer and that's why Icena went to her in the first place... or it could be that Icena thought the the sorceress could help with Icena's ice powers, discovered her mistake only after signing the contract, and decided "this is fine, I like learning magic, I will master my ice powers on my own, or find someone else to help me with them later". UNnure about this one.

majus likes this.
  17. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

On points:
    * that is correct.
    ** Then you know more than me :) Where did you see it? Unless you mean wooden stakes, then yes. I am pretty sure that most races are weak against having those shoved into their hearts.
    *** hmm... how about we change the trait
    Magical powerhouse (-2 points)*** +5 mana
    into
    Special ability - control silver (-2 points) - you have the potential to control silver, even use it in combat. You need to either train or learn how to use it. You have some mana but will have to grow it to use more powerful variations of the skill - Mana +1
    ?
    That would cover the ability to use silver. We can say he was born with it.

As for powerful enemies - do you have someone in mind, or was that just taken to get the points :D

18. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

So you decided on Ice strap-ons - that's cold :D

Okay, so we will go with cyromancer/sorceress. Can work with it~

19. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Cool :D

So, do I need to change anything else in my current character sheet? Or is it done for now?

majus likes this.
  20. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I stumbled onto a rather lengthy post on Moroi biology on Reddit (If that can be taken as a source o_O). There's a particular comment that says mentions something about Nitara and makes a random comment that wood seems to be uniquely dangerous to her somehow.
    Works for me!

I don't know a whole lot about the setting to really say for certain or make up my own faction. Extracting silver naturally is usually a hugely expensive and time-consuming task. I figured many who knew about his abilities may want to exploit his ability for their own gain and would want to capture him... Those who would rather not risk such an ability falling into enemy hands, or risk destroying the market for silver would want to kill him.
    c...capitalists. His enemy is capitalism.:p