Mortal Kombat RP - Interest check

Discussion in 'RPG Advertisment' started by majus, Dec 27, 2023.

1. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

The realm of Outworld, a place where might make right. A realm where with magic, cunning and strength one could go far. A place whose inhabitants enjoy fighting the most. The realm was united by the Dragon King Onaga through force. The Empire waged wars and conquered numerous different realms, merging them with the Outworld.

But then, at one moment, the Outworld paused - the immortal Dragon King perished. There was no clear successor. This... was an opportunity!

[​IMG]

From the highest general to the lowest peasant, the Outworlders raised in the hope of achieving their dreams! To achieve Power, to become ruler, to advance rank, to attain vengeance!

[​IMG]

The old order has collapsed! All over the realm, the factions raised, as warriors clashed against each other in Kombat! The Outworlders clashed against four armed Shokan, the Cryomancers sought new avenious as the long-lived beautiful Edenians led a conquering expedition, the slaves and sorceress schemed as reptilians and insectoid amazonian Kreeyans sought independence... while other realms made their own moves into Outworld.

[​IMG]

But Outworld is hard to conquer – for Outworlders love to fight, to fuck, to dominate, to enslave and to kill...

[​IMG]

Hello!

This is an interest check thread for Mortal Kombat RP. Some emphasis of the game would be, yes, on Kombat – the characters would level up and develop new abilities, becoming better fighters/spies/sorceresses/slaves. Defeated opponents could be fucked, recruited, enslaved or killed. But the same goes for the player – if your character loses, you might find your character recruited into the ranks of one of the warlords or enslaved... or just fucked.

Questions, comments, suggestions – interested players?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  2. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

I know I've mentioned before that I wanted an RPG that might be a bit darker or grittier. I'm not big on MK lore or the setting, but I'm interested.

Omega98 and majus like this.
  3. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Don't worry about being unfamiliar with lore - the franchise is during its third restart of the timeline - not to mention all alternative timelines of endings! That's the reason I set the setting far in the past.
    I will be making some changes to the world and explaining everything as I progress story :)

Omega98 likes this.
  4. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

I might try since it sounds like it will be a relatively quicky thing anyway.

majus likes this.
  5. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

You are saying that the RP will be so compact, that it will probably last less then 30 pages? :eek:

6. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

well just mean that the format will probably lead to being more simplified by nature if this meant to be a tournament like setting or I'm misunderstanding

7. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Ah, that's what you mean!
    No, it won't be entire RP based on tournament. It will be more like standard type RP, with characters traveling, dealing with problems, situations, executing plans, dueling etc.
    If you saw serries: Mortal Kombat Konquest from 1998 - it was not tournament based. Most of the serries was heroes fighting against various opponents and schemes.

Arachna likes this.
  8. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

It sounds interesting, but I never played anything of mortal combat. Focus on sex fight seems fun to me, so it is time for sexy warrior woman again XD

majus likes this.
  9. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Eh, you don't need to know much... truthfully, what you need to know - this will be RP about skimpy clothed males and females, who like to fight.
    There will usage of martial arts, weapons and magic. The rest will be given in the RP thread.

A fair warning the setting is quite bloody.

Regin34 likes this.
  10. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Okay - there is interest - hurray!

So I will be preparing a character sheet... along with a new combat system, that will not include dice throws.
    Instead, players will declare actions of their characters (punches, throws, kicks, magic throws, special moves, dodges, movement - to keep distance, etc) to face NPCs (whose half actions will be known beforehand, so players can easily prepare counters for them - but will have to guess other half). Each action will cost stamina and/or magic and take away a certain amount of health.

It might sound a little complicated right now... but it will probably not be more complicated then what I explained as a base. The different magics/martial styles/weapons are just to add flavour.

Regin34 likes this.