[Multi-Quest] Dawn Of The Gods

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by Nemo of Utopia, Sep 20, 2017.

?

Which Deity or Legendary Historical Figure Should I use as the next Protagonist?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2017.
  1. Hypolita.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. King Arthur.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Barbra Freethy of Friedrich Town.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Remus.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Isis. (The Goddess! *Sigh...*)

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  7. Tyr.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Powhattan.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kublai Khan

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Godzilla.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

THIS Is My New Story, Dawn Of The Gods.

It's another "Multi-Quest", and I am hoping to get a lot of other authors interested!

Right Now there's really only one storyline, but there are several points where the buds that will lead to new branches are sprouting!

I'm also conducting a pole here for the next month, whichever item on it wins will become the MC of a new Story Line! (It will be open for one lunar month.)

Come: Discuss, Interact, Converse!

2. GenericEditor168

GenericEditor168 Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

EDIT: Blanked

3. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

ISIS the goddess. Wonderful story you have Nemo!

4. Nemo of Utopia

The word "THIS" At the top of the first post IS a link.

5. Nemo of Utopia

The Quest will use a 1d100 from Random.org as the chaotic element of the game, but the players have something to vote on for that Element...

1: Do the players want input on the randomization of the results?
    1a: Yes: the first five players to post will guess a number between 1 and 100 (Inclusive). The guess which comes closest to the target number* will decide how well you do: if it is within 2 of the target it is a critical success. If it is within between 22 and 3 (Inclusive) of the target it is a simple success. If it is within between 42 and 23 (Inclusive) of the target it is a simple failure, and if the closest number is 43 or more points away from the target number it is a critical failure.
    *(The Random Number rolled by Random.org)
    1b: NO: the GM will roll all the dice, creating a 'Character Sheet' for Lucifer loosely based on Pathfinder, the players chose Lucifer's actions, the dice decide what occurs when he does them. Rolls of 96 and above are crit successes, rolls of five and below are crit failures. (This was how the quest worked in its first incarnation...)

I'm opening this vote to forum users too: if people would please make their responses...

I've realized that both of those systems are unworkable, each for a different reason. So, I've come up with a compromise system. The roll will be made in secret and then the players guess: the closest guess will decide the difference. I count that many numbers back from 100: this is the final roll. I then add the modifiers from Lucifer's sheet and discover if the Target has been met. If it has, you succeed, if not, you fail. Guesses that fall within 4 of the target will be critical successes. (There Are no Critical Failures.) Sorry for wasting people's time.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  6. Nemo of Utopia

GE, did you intend to vote for 2b and 2c on the Chakat Thread? Because both of those questions, 1 and 2, are not multiple choice...

7. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

I voted in the story, but to re-answer I would say 1a I would rather users participate then some website who tends to be skewed to picking choices. It also takes away from the quest format also in preventing users participation. 1a makes more sense in that reades have some say in the story.

8. Nemo of Utopia

@mindtheMILF: That vote for 'e' in the 'Why Not Both?' thread, did you mean that to be paired with "a" or "g"?

9. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

sorry, I will take g then.

10. GenericEditor168

https://chyoa.com/chapter/[Riddle-Me-This-]-(Nemo-of-Utopia:-Current-2!).371499
    Okay, so we're either wrong with "river", "voice" or "ignorance".

1 (River): The riddle is "What Has a Mouth but never Talks, always Runs but never Walks, has a Bed but never Sleeps, has a Head, but never Weeps?"
    This is pretty standard stuff for a river, it has a mouth (mouth of the river) but obviously can't talk, the river runs but it can't walk, it has a bed (the bottom of the river) but can't sleep, and it has a head (where the river starts). Also, it ticks the boxes for the three clues (unless it's a REALLY metaphorical one): it's not offensive/rude, and it's the sort of thing a living planet would say.

4 (Ignorance): The riddle is "What is something that a fool has more than a wise man, neither of them needs it but it would bring them happiness, and you won't even know when you have it?"
    Ignorance seems like the right answer, but this is one of the three that have two votes and (1) seems pretty safe.

5 (Voice): The riddle is "I start with a 'v' and almost every woman has one. She can even use me to get what she wants. What am I?"
    The obvious answer to this is not PG. So we've guessed voice but... is that really the right answer?

11. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

Since when did this site become PG?

12. GenericEditor168

Nemo explicitly says in the riddle clues section that all the answers are thing's you'd be okay "saying to someone else's grandma or a five year old".

13. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

Sorry, I was imply to the site in general, but yes I agree follow the rules. I am sitting out in this riddle.

14. Nemo of Utopia

Oh and I'm just going to say this: based on the rules of the game guessing the same thing was kind of stupid to begin with, even the ones people just rephrased.

15. Nemo of Utopia

As promised the Isis thread is up, I await everyone's input on it... :)

16. mindtheMILF

mindtheMILF Guest

Is there a full map of the city and everything is at?

17. Nemo of Utopia

Not yet, but I suppose I could make one...

mindtheMILF likes this.