Mystery Horror RP - Interest Check

Discussion in 'RPG Advertisment' started by Tjf, May 4, 2023.

1. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

[​IMG]
    Welcome, new patients and staff, to the Holbrook Mental Health Facility. Situated deep in the woods of rural America, Holbrook is one of the world's premier mental health institutions, offering privacy and top notch care to both our voluntary and high security patients. As a new patient, doctor or member of our friendly security staff, please make yourself at home. At Holbrook, we pride ourselves on making sure you'll never want to leave...

---------------------

Hi everyone! I've been thinking about starting a new horror based RP. As the blurb suggests, it's set in an isolated asylum, where players take the role of either a patient, doctor or security officer, trying to discover the secret behind a wave of disappearances, before things go very, very wrong. It's mostly inspired by things like Lovecraft and Event Horizon, but also Resident Evil and one of majus' old RPs.

So yeah, let me know if that sounds interesting.

chris_brown and majus like this.
  2. chris_brown

chris_brown Really Experienced

What kind of horrors were you thinking for a setting like this,just out of curiosity?

Tjf likes this.
  3. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

Not to spoil things, but there would be threats from monsters - creatures, as well as people gone mad. Underlying though, there's a cosmic horror slowly messing with the player's sanity.

4. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Oh, that looks interesting - don't spoil! Horror is best when it's unknown~
    Maybe it's a corporation research facility, government prison for spies, private prison for cult sacrifices, X-Files alien research facility, a dream and all in it are parts of fractured personality
    ... so many possibilities~

I am interested! Please sign me in!

Tjf likes this.
  5. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

Glad to hear it. Absolutely!

majus and chris_brown like this.
  6. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

I’d need to see more of it before I decide on anything. Never was that interested in resident evil but it’s different from things we’ve done before

7. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Which year do you plan to place action of this RP? 2020s, 2000s, 1960 or maybe 1930-1940?

8. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

RE is probably the least of the inspirations.
    Modern day

majus likes this.