Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

Ditto, cept I fly with firefox...

2. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hi,

I don't have Android available right now. Does it work when you press enter (see https://chyoa.com/chapter/TAGS.213572)?

3. No, it didn't. I did 'enter', ',' space, doublespace, and even put in hashtags. It's like nothing would activate or save in that field.

4. dingsdongs

dingsdongs Really Really Experienced

I just made the following observation on my device (android + chrome). Perhaps it is related to the issue?

In a story/chapter with "conditional branches" enabled, and "Changes to the score" checked, the "enter" button takes me to the Variables instead, and i am not able to create tags either.
    If i un-check "Changes to the score", i am able to create a tag.

5. madmaniac

madmaniac Experienced

My notifications won't update (still showing updates from yesterday) what's going on?

6. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean. Notifications seem to be delivered. I've also checked your account and regularly see new notifications.

7. madmaniac

madmaniac Experienced

Really, because I just checked and it was showing notifications from two days ago.Reply

8. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Could you send me a screenshot?

9. madmaniac

madmaniac Experienced

upload_2018-10-1_10-12-30.png

10. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you! Could it be that you didn’t reload the page? CHYOA doesn’t update the page automatically.

11. madmaniac

madmaniac Experienced

I've refreshed the page multiple times and still get the same result, it only seems to affect page 1, all the other pages are working fine.

12. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hm... I've signed in to your account and see the latest notifications (don't worry, I don't know your password, this is just the kiosk mode for me as a developer). Have a look at the two screenshots I've made. Maybe your browser caches those pages?

Screen Shot 1.png Screen Shot 2.png

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  13. madmaniac

madmaniac Experienced

It might well have done, I just checked it and all is back to normal. Thank you for your help on this and for everything you do Friedman, you are awesome!

Friedman likes this.
  14. Nemo of Utopia

I'm in something of a jam, the number keys on my keyboard stopped working for some reason, and now I can't log in to the main site...

15. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

You could reset your password: https://chyoa.com/iforgot/password

Edit: You could also use an on-screen keyboard.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  16. Nemo of Utopia

I found a workaround.

Friedman likes this.
  17. Nemo of Utopia

Still doesn't help with the fact that I can't type the ! but I found a workaround for that too...

Friedman likes this.
  18. RejectTed

RejectTed Really Experienced

Sometimes, when I edit the title of a chapter it doesn't save the change. I think it only happens when I edit the body as well.

19. bigbuddy158

bigbuddy158 Virgin

Hey, I'm currently experiencing trouble with the Wet Hot Summer story.

The story encourages you to use game mode and I believe that my game mode landed on a certain chapter when I put the game down. When I came back later, Everytime I try to start a game it shoots me to the current chapter,but can't find that chapter and then gives me an error page. This means I can't play the game because every time I try to load up the game mode it shoots me to this dead end with no way to reset my progress.

Thanks

20. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

You should be able to reset the game with this URL: https://chyoa.com/story/Wet-Hot-Summer.16702?game=reset

If this should happen again, add the "?game=reset" part to the end of the URL to reset the game manually.

Let me know if you need further help.