Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thanks! The security error came from the embedded picture (spankwiki[dot]org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/tumblr_ntpx24YSkI1rhew1uo6_400.gif). I removed it and the error disappeared altogether.

2. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

The last two times I've posted a chapter in THIS quest string on Game Monster its saved two copies for some reason...

3. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Can you send me the link again? That doesn't seem to have worked out somehow.

Could it be that you accidentally clicked publish twice?

4. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

Whatever was going on seems to have resolved itself, so, thanks!

Friedman likes this.
  5. bobbobbobthethir

bobbobbobthethir Experienced

The "Save as Draft" option when creating a new story is not working for me. The url stays the same (https://chyoa.com/story/new), but I get the following error message:

Your file was not found
    It may have been moved or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

For reference, I'm on Google Chrome and using a Mac, can provide more details if that would be helpful.

6. Myocastor_Coypus

Myocastor_Coypus Experienced

Published a story the other day. At last count it is 18-19 chapters deep for a total of upwards of 50 chapters. Yet it says it's 12 chapters deep and has like, 10 chapters. Here's the story in question: https://chyoa.com/story/Demons-in-the-Citadel.21948

7. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

This is a known issue.
    You can ask Friedman to fix the number.

8. bobbobbobthethir

bobbobbobthethir Experienced

Story scores don't appear to reverse properly if you put them on linked chapters and then press "Previous Chapter"

I was tipped off by a reader (TheScyle) of this story:
    https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.484002?game=end

If, for example, you press "Start Game" and pick Tatiana -> She's my sister -> Dinner with Tatiana, and then press "Previous Chapter" 3 times, you'll see that you don't have 0 points everywhere on the home screen, despite starting with 0. I don't think this is intended.

Friedman likes this.
  9. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you, bobbobbobthethir! I'll take a look at it.

10. Uberlad654

Uberlad654 Virgin CHYOA Backer

So the last few times I've logged in to Chyoa on my phone, I have been unable to see or access my notifications, favorites, and messages. But when I log in from my pc, it's all there. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm using an Iphone 10 with safari, if that means anything.

11. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

I'm not sure if I doing something wrong, or the manula have error. Any way, I can't add any picture to my chapters, no mater what I try. I followed every step of manual in the main theme Use ![Your text Here ](Link To Picture Here) to add a photo.
    Be sure that you use the ! in front and that there is no space between the brackets and the text field or the link text.

It isn't working, only I get small mark of picture, without real picture.

12. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

This sounds like you're using a "wrong" link. The link should always end in .jpg or another image extension.
    If you send me the link or the link to your chapter, I can have a look.

13. Zeebop

Zeebop CHYOA Guru

Just noticed it scrolling down, but looks like "Notable Writers" is glitching? There are big spaces after Nemo and bsnick like two slots are open.

14. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

It is only me, or the main site of chyoa didn't working?

15. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

It's not just you.

16. RejectTed

RejectTed Really Experienced

I'm getting 504 currently.

17. RejectTed

RejectTed Really Experienced

It appears to be fine now.

18. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you, Zeebop! This should be fixed now :)

19. Khaglessi

Khaglessi Virgin

Can't seem to access the Slave4U story anymore after its most recent updates, every chapter keeps rerouting to a particular chapter on the desktop site and giving an "Something went wrong" error. Mobile site works fine on the story though.

20. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you! There seems to be an issue in game mode. We'll look into that.

To end game mode, click on this link: https://chyoa.com/story/Slave4U.13031?game=end

At least you should be able to access the story on desktop devices this way.