Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. daciasdesire

daciasdesire Really Experienced

I seem to be getting a lot of Error 502: Bad Gateway reports on the Chyoa site the last few days.

2. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I've noticed that one reason is the SQL query for the top chapters ranking. Therefore, I have temporarily disabled the query. Why it just displayed the error, I can't say yet.

3. gnume

gnume Virgin

Is it a bug that chapter search is gone ?

4. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I disabled it temporarily because it seems to have caused the 502 Bad Gateway errors.

5. gnume

gnume Virgin

Any idea if and when it will be back ?

6. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I will activate it again. When, I can't say yet.

7. Kazza

Kazza Experienced

8. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I've updated it. Happy writing :)

Kazza likes this.
  9. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I've enabled the chapter search again.

10. Myocastor_Coypus

Myocastor_Coypus Experienced

Hello,
    Got an email about a direct message. Sure enough the notification does light up red on the Chyoa homepage, but it says "no messages" when I click on it. And it won't go away.
    The email mentioned spam.

11. bob10

bob10 Virgin

same problem for me

12. BrightHeart

BrightHeart Virgin

I also have this, attached a screenshot of it as well, which as you can see the last message I got was 2 months ago.

Attached Files:

13. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

That was a spam bot. I banned the user and deleted all messages he or she sent. Your counter should show the correct number of unread conversations now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Myocastor_Coypus likes this.
  14. bob10

bob10 Virgin

NP, thanks for your work Friedman

Friedman likes this.
  15. Xanoxo

Xanoxo Virgin

Hello. There's something wrong with chapters counting in my story (only 17 instead of 26 chapters in statistics) https://chyoa.com/story/Listen-to-my-voice.25456
    Will it fix itself or do I have to do something. Could someone update this, please? Thank you :)

16. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hi Xanoxo,

Thanks for the info! I've updated your statistics. Happy writing!

17. Artican

Artican Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

I don’t know if it is a bug or not, but I don’t seem to get a notification when someone adds to my story. I got a chapter for review in my review tab but scrolled through the last two weeks of notifications and it doesn’t show up there.

18. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thanks for your bug report! Could you send me the URL of the chapter?

19. Artican

Artican Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

https://chyoa.com/chapter/Cate's-new-life.660251

The thing is, it shows up in my notification when I accepted the chapter. Is there a setting for notifying an editor that a new chapter is up for review?

20. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I think it is likely that the notification coincides with the spam attack on December 18. In response to the spam attack, I had to delete all notifications (good and bad ones) from the notification queue. So this should have been a one-time event.