Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. gha93

gha93 Virgin

Oh man, that sucks.
    Is there more information on why those categories are now being filtered?
    And could someone make a list of categories and tags (if those are affected as well) that should no longer be used to prevent stories from being hidden for logged out users?

2. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

It's important that the stories are in the correct categories so that they are treated appropriately. Please make sure the stories are in the right categories from the start.

If you want to change categories for legitimate reasons, please DM me.

insertnamehere likes this.
  3. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

Hi, I just got done writing a chapter, but when I clicked the 'save draft' button there was some sort of CloudFlare error. Now every time I try to access that chapter, I get a bad gateway error. Anyone else have this problem?

4. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I deleted the image from the chapter so you should be able to access it again. Drag and drop doesn't work, just as a reminder.

Tjf likes this.
  5. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

All good, thanks for that :) I'll remember.

Friedman likes this.
  6. Pugnatural

Pugnatural Virgin

The past few days - perhaps last week or two, not really certain when I first noticed - I have noticed certain words are simply not appearing in stories. They're not even being masked. They're just not there, leaving an empty space or two from the surrounding spaces. I can figure a fair number our from context, but not all, and it's a distraction to have to figure out what it is I'm trying to read as opposed to just enjoying the story. I've confirmed it happens in multiple stories. I can also confirmed I've had no software installations in that time. I suspect it relates to the filtering of categories and tags mentioned recently, but I'm in no position to be able to test.

Edit: I just read some earlier posts here that answers this question: the words are filtered out, and we have to be logged into accounts that are at least a month old to see them.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
  7. Squick n' Amore

Squick n' Amore Virgin CHYOA Backer

8. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

Pugnatural likes this.
  9. Pugnatural

Pugnatural Virgin

I read what you posted there and it addresses what I was mentioning in my first post. If I'm reading things correctly, we have to be logged into accounts that are at least a month old. Noted. I'm leaving my post as help for any new posters coming to this last page for the same question.

TheLowKing likes this.
  10. Barney123

Barney123 Virgin

Is there any way to speed up this one month waiting period please?

I joined about a week ago, I'm assuming all the missing words is also one of these changes as well...?

11. carlystar

carlystar Virgin

I'm having a lot of trouble creating a new story. Every time I go through the process, as soon as I hit 'save draft' it gives me an error that says: "Sorry, I got distracted... Which page were you looking for?" and my story isn't added to my stories as a draft or as published. It just disappears. Is my account too young? I've successfully saved two drafts, but now this happens every time. Any solutions or explanations that might help me?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I just needed to select a category is all. Whoops!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  12. FallenSaint

FallenSaint Really Really Experienced

So is there a way to see all of the story categories? I know we did some changes, but I can't find half of them even when logged in, and when I'm logged out, I can't find any of my own stories or my account under Author search.

13. TheLowKing

F*mily and p*wer play are hidden even when you're using an old account. You can still access them by URL, though, so I think that's a bug.

14. JxxxTolkien

JxxxTolkien Virgin

Not happy with the revamp of Catergories, especially hiding certain ones. Feels like the site is kink shaming. Especially since the only way to find these stories is if you were fortunate enough to have the foresight to favorite them

FallenSaint likes this.
  15. Brokenbowl

Brokenbowl Virgin

Hi im new and just made a account but now I cant find some of my favorite stories specifically mind control stories even the tab is gone

16. Jrose0

Jrose0 Virgin

17. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

18. Yurisenpai

Yurisenpai Experienced

19. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Yurisenpai likes this.
  20. TheLowKing

Even for accounts that are over a month old, the categories Family, Power Play, and Mind Control are not listed on the front page, nor in the category list on the search page. They are accessible by direct URL, though: https://chyoa.com/search?type=story&category=family.

Is this intentional?