Reign of the Dark Queen

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by TigrisSeductor, Jan 31, 2016.

1. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

How about NOT specifying the setting in the opening thread, thus allowing different settings: fantasy, sci-fi, whatever...

2. Yarkoz

Yarkoz Really Really Experienced

Yeah, I agree, don't lock yourself into a timeframe unless you want a particular period piece. They can be fun to create (see Beeble's "Cockshoots Hall" for a lovely example), but the commitment to the period can be daunting at times, and that comes from my experience.

3. FallenSaint

FallenSaint Really Really Experienced

An interesting idea to go with this is what if two of these kings she has seduced into fighting each other actually meet on the battle field and one screams "For Queen Such-and Such!" That would then lead the second king to realize the setup and try to calm the other king down. Maybe they could then work together to try and bring her down. It would be an interesting story arc to see her actually fall because of her ways.

Zingiber and Yarkoz like this.
  4. Zingiber

Zingiber Really Really Experienced

Launched! Reign of the Dark Queen.

5. Do we move this thread into Story Feedback or something?

6. Zingiber

You can "Report" the thread and ask for it.

7. Does anyone have any particular setting they wish to explore? I am going to work on the low-fantasy setting mostly.

8. Zingiber

I figured I might opportunistically add chapters here and there where there looked like interesting branches.

9. Zingiber

Yarkoz likes this.