Resident Evil: Aftermath Interest Check/Discussion

Discussion in 'RPG Advertisment' started by PaladinSlut, Jan 27, 2023.

1. PaladinSlut

PaladinSlut Virgin

For my first game I felt I would go with an idea that got great traction elsewhere. The premise is this:

This is a AU version of Resident Evil, where destruction of Raccoon City lead to such massive political upheaval that the end result was the dissolution of the United States of America. The main protagonist is Rebecca Chambers and this setting involves her many missions for Allied Regiment Against Bio-Terror (ARABT) an alliance of most nation states. Umbrella still fell, but the genie is out of the bottle, just where will Ms Chambers end up, who will she end up working for, will it be new faces or old faces?

I originally made this a closed game, but decided to make it open since it is meant to be a playground of sorts. The idea came about because I always felt Capcom screwed over Rebecca Chambers and to a certain degree, Barry Burton too, but my focus is on Rebecca, plus there was also something that never stuck right to me, as someone who read a great deal of politics, there is no way, nuking Raccoon City would not have politica repercussions and if anything such an action could lead to dissolution of United States. So the idea is 0, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica all happened, but after that story takes a different direction.

Resident Evil: Aftermath

As of now there is one path where ARABT send Rebecca to Japan, I am hoping someone takes up the role of her ally here as I find it much easier to write bouncing off one another. Anyway, Japan need not be the only route, it's just the one I am writing now, you could write your own path. Another reason why I chose Japan is because I am pondering some supernatural elements with biological weapons.

Anyway, any questions?

2. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Sorry, I'm unclear if you're looking for https://forum.chyoa.com/forums/story-feedback.13/ story feedback or help on writing your thing, or mean this as a premise for a forum game to be played, or possibly as a quest thing on the main site where people vote on paths.

AnonYMooseBoG likes this.
  3. PaladinSlut

PaladinSlut Virgin

I am looking for interest and people to take part and check it out. Maybe feedback since this is my first game. I am new here and while been a member for a longer time only recently dived in.

4. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

It's just typically the forum's RPG ads is used for forum based games. Quest games are rpgs that happen on the main site that while they don't control player characters themselves, they vote on the actions and events that would happen in more of a linear story but in a way that encourages recurring viewership among some audiences. If it's just for feedback on making your story or look for co-writers to help write it, that typically falls in the Author's Hangout area.

5. PaladinSlut

PaladinSlut Virgin

I did not realize, I am terribly sorry. I am new here and did not know forum and CHYOA was split functionally. I guess this thread is pointless then :/

6. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

It isn’t. Story feedback is always useful and people are more than willing to help, this is just the wrong topic of usually falls under is all but it’s not really a life or death thing.