The Founding of Marika

Discussion in 'Sexual RPGs' started by moonblack, Jul 6, 2022.

1. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

The village of Marika – a recently-established settlement meant to grow into a large city and become the military and political center of the newest of Tarnia's provinces. That is all most people in Tarnia know about the small village.

A simple dirt road connects the isolated village with the nearest Tarnian settlement. It is via this road that many people come, and some people go.

When approaching Marika the first two things travelers notice are the windmill on a nearby hill to the north, and the farms, large and small, on both sides of the road. Some of the farmers use the arrival of new people as an excuse to take a short break before going back to tending their farms.

Leaving the farms behind travelers soon reach the outskirts of the village proper... and notice that it is not as small as the rumors say. While it is still a relatively small village, there are quite a few new buildings, most of them wooden, and plots for many more future ones can be seen. Clearly expanding the village is in full swing and it won't be long before Marika is no longer called 'small'.

At the entrance of the village armored guards greet all new arrivals, then record their names and reasons for visiting. Any adventurers are politely but firmly directed towards one of the few stone buildings in the village – a two-story mansion, the home of Lord Edward and his beautiful wife. Apparently the young lord insists on personally meeting any adventurers that visit the village for the first time.

As the new arrivals make their way to the lord's mansion it is easy for most of them to notice that some of the houses of the village are still empty, waiting for their future owners.

@Regin34 Avella gets some looks from the locals, as well as a few hushed comments, but nothing more. For better or worse no one seems to know or care who she is.

@majus Ida's carriage is thankfully not searched by the guards and so Eike remains a secret from them – at least for now. Looking out the window Ida can tell that her carriage has attracted quite a bit of attention – most people arrive by foot or on horse, with only rich merchants and nobles using carriages. Quite a few people seem to be wondering which group she belongs to.

@Avatar Kyoshi Arthuria also gets some looks and comments, but little else. During the short trip to the mansion she fails to spot a stable where she could leave her horse, but surely there is one in the village... or so she hopes.

@merkros Ganith's wings attract quite a bit of attention from the locals. Ganith himself gets some looks from a few of the local women, though none go beyond checking him out.

@AnonYMooseBoG As a pretty young woman Lydia too attracts the attention of some of the locals. Thankfully her bow is properly covered and so no one has any idea what it really is.

@Tjf Mylea gets a lot more attention than most of the new arrivals. Quite a few people ogle her, some more openly than others. Her companion Galza gets a lot of stares as well, though slightly less than the priestess.

@asddas193 Anton, in contrast, gets the least amount of scrutiny, barely anyone paying attention to the old man. Though he overhears a couple of people wondering why “some old geezer” has come to Marika.

Weapons are not allowed inside the mansion, so the guards dutifully search all guests and take any weapons they find, keeping them until it is time for the owners to leave. Then all new arrivals are led to a study where the young lord waits to greet them, standing in front of a large wooden desk. Due to the number of new arrivals today the room seems smaller than it actually is.

[​IMG]
    “Greetings, friends, and welcome to Marika! I am lord Edward, the ruler of this little village. Though I hope it won't be small for much longer!” Edward greets everyone with a warm smile. “I hope that you will like it here, and that you will help us grow the place. Rest assured, you will be fairly rewarded for your help!” Though short the speech feels a bit.. mechanical, as if he has given the same speech countless times. Considering the number of visitors that might not be far from the truth...

The young lord takes a brief look at each person in the room before continuing. “I assume most of you are seeking work and a chance to earn money, so I'll begin with that. The main issue that needs to be dealt with – and the sooner the better – is a mysterious wolf that has been causing trouble for our woodcutters. Lumber is our main resource for now – we need it for new buildings and as a good for export, to earn money with which to buy other things we need. Yet our current production is less than half of what it used to be. This cannot continue! Anyone interested in helping should cross the river and follow the path to the lumber camp. The people there will tell you more about the issue. I know there already is a reward of 100 Gil for dealing with the wolf. I will add another 100 Gil that can be received once production has gone back to normal.

“Of course, that is hardly the only issue, even if it is the most important one. More and more people arrive, and so we need more and more guards to help keep the law and order. Fortunately we are not lacking in recruits – the problem is they need training... if you are interested in helping with the training, go to the barracks and speak to the captain of the guards. You will have to negotiate your pay with him, mind you.

“My wife Victoria says she needs a bit of help with some of her research. I don't know the details, so if you are interested you will have to ask her yourselves. She should be in the library on the second floor. A maid will show you the way.

“Last, but not least, there are some... disagreements between some of the people in the village, such as between the two competing potion shops. If you can solve any such issues I will reward you - fighting over profits is the last thing the village needs.

“That's all the jobs I know of, but you can be sure there are more. There always are issues people don't tell me about because they consider them too minor to be worth my time. Just ask around the village.” The young lord finishes with a smile.

“Before you do anything I advise you to go get a room at one of the inns. We have three: The River Vixen is the cheapest, The Golden Brooch is the most expensive, and The Singing Maiden is in the middle. With more and more people arriving daily the free rooms are dwindling rapidly.”

Edward takes another look at the people gathered in front of him. “By now I must be boring you, so I won't take any more of your time. Anyone who has questions is free to ask them now. The rest are free to go.”

(Wow, that turned out a lot longer than I intended.)

2. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Ida kept to herself. There were to many dangerous people for her liking. Too many meatheads, who all to well reminded her of bandits who raided her mistress's home. The jobs offered... were also for those muscle brains. The idea of staying in the inn, was out - she head her wagon to use. If she would be using an inn, it would be to gather information.

No... for now she decided to meet the lord's wife. She was curious of what kind of research she had in mind. With that in mind she left the room and made her way to second floor, to the library.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  3. asddas193

asddas193 CHYOA Guru

Arriving at the village, Anton gives a warm smile as he saw that it was better than he expected. Wearing nothing but his robes, and carrying a small bag where his special training equipment, money, and "medicine" was held. Ahh, such a wonderful blooming place, that only means that there'll be a bright future for this village... and that means it'll attract all sorts of beautiful dames. He thinks to himself as he follows the group of new arrivals, though if anyone was paying attention, they'd notice that despite his age he was following along the group's pace without falling behind.

After listening to the lord's welcome speech, Anton gives him a polite bow, and unless he was called over. The old man decides to test his luck in being the village guard's new instructor. But the advice about procuring a room also caught his attention, Can't bed a woman out in the streets. He chuckled, heading for the Golden Brooch first to inquire just how expensive it was, followed by the Singing Maiden to see how different their prices were.

4. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

Mylea doesn't mind the attention in the least, though she fights the urge to take sinful pride in the way her body inflames the people around her - after all, the Mother made it, all a humble soul like Mylea can do is exercise and maintain it.

As the lord gives his speech, the priestess puts a hand on her chin, thinking about what to do. The request of the Lord's wife is an obvious chance to get close to the most powerful people in town, and Mother willing, show them the light of her faith. Then again, the wolf in the forest is a clear and present danger to the innocent. Maybe she can go introduce herself to the lady, before dealing with the wolf? But first... "My lord, has this wolf caused any injuries among the populace that need tending?" The green haired woman asks, and heads to the wounded if the answer is affirmative. If there are no wounded, she heads to meet the Lady.

5. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

Avella take a deep breath. That is good, no one know here who she is and which daughter she is, so she will be judged only by her own action. That was perfect for her, to new start in her live. Villiage was bigger than monastery, in which she used to live for past few years, but not much bigger.
    Once they meet lord of these lands, she was little suprised how young he look like. He must gain his position in young age, ewen if it for now leader of the small viliage.
    "It there is any wounded, I could offer my skills as well, my lord, with help of Everlight." She offer, but if ther is no need for that, Avalla will thak another job.
    After listening to young lord jobs, she decided to try her skills as mediator, betheen two potion shops. Maybe she will be able to earn some agreement betheen them?
    But first, Avella was going to rent room in the Singing Maiden, better to have place to sleep.

6. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Leaving the lord's study behind Ida quickly finds the stairs leading to the second floor... only to stop in her tracks, unsure which way to go. There are closed doors in every direction: ahead, to the left and to the right. The only hint where the lady might be are the armored guards standing on both sides of a set of double doors.

“Good day, madam, I am Anya. Are you here to see the lady?” A maid asks as she approaches Ida.
    [​IMG]
    “Please follow me, I'll bring you to her.” She adds after Ida nods in confirmation.

Anya leads the guest down the right corridor and straight to the guarded doors. Stopping in front of them she turns to address Ida. “Here we are, the lady is inside. She has requested that only a single person go in at a time. Not a problem for you since you're alone now, but keep it in mind if you bring any companions in the future – they will all have to wait outside until you are finished talking with the lady.” Without further delay Anya opens the doors for Ida and ushers her inside, then closes them behind her.

The library turns out to be a lot bigger than one might expect, the bookshelves filled with various books, old and new. It is quiet and largely empty, the only person present being a noblewoman sitting behind a large wooden desk covered in various books, parchments, scrolls, and pieces of paper.

[​IMG]
    “Hello and welcome, miss. I am Victoria, Edward's wife.” The blonde rises and introduces herself, then points to the empty wooden chair in front of her desk. “Please, have a seat. Since we have not met before may I know who you are and what brings you here? Are you here to help me, or is there something else you need from me?” She asks as she sits back down and closes the book she was reading.

7. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

The Golden Brooch is easy to find - it's a large three-story stone building with a rather central location. Four men wearing gambeson and with cudgels within arm's reach sit at a table near the entrance – bouncers ready to throw out any troublemakers, most likely. Further inside a few busty maids can be seen – though they don't seem to have a set uniform, as each one is wearing a different outfit. A large, somewhat portly, man is behind the bar. When he sees Anton enter he gives him a sing to approach.

“Welcome to the Golden Brooch, my good sir!” The barkeep greets Anton with a jovial smile when the old man stops in front of the bar. “In need of a room? Then you have come to the right place! We have the best rooms in town! Just 10 Gil per night for the best accommodations you can find in all of Marika, and you get dinner and breakfast, too! For 1 more Gil you also get a maid to take care of any non-sexual needs you might have! As for your sexual needs, if you have any... well, you are welcome to try and negotiate a price with the maids. Just don't try to force yourself on them, or you'll find yourself out on the street faster than you can say 'But I am just an old man!' Is that understood, my good sir?” Despite the man's friendly smile you can tell that the warning is not just for show. “Let me know if you would like a room.”

Leaving the Golden Brooch behind, Anton does not need long to locate The Singing Maiden. It is not as large and impressive as the first inn, but it looks like a nice place, regardless.

[​IMG]

The inside is largely empty at this time of day: A couple of people drinking by themselves in the corners, a few waitresses sitting at a table chatting quietly, and one of the other new arrivals - a blonde elf – speaking to a pretty blonde woman with an outfit that shows quite a bit of cleavage.

[​IMG]

Once the woman is done talking to the elf she moves over to where Anton is waiting. “Welcome to the Singing Maiden, sir! I am Patricia, the owner. Looking for a room, are you? If so, you are in luck – we still have a few available. The cost is 5 Gil per night and includes both dinner and breakfast. The girls working for me are not whores, but if you manage to convince one of them to share your bed – that's fine. However, should you try to force yourself on any of them I'll gut you and throw your corpse in the river. Got it?” Though said with a smile, Patricia's tone of voice and piercing eyes leave no doubt that she is completely serious.

With her warning delivered the blonde woman stands to the side and waits to find out if either of her visitors would like a room.

8. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Edward nods, a somber expression on his face. “The wolf attacks are almost daily, and more often than not there is someone wounded as a result. We do have a healer at the lumber camp, but a second one will certainly help. At the very least your presence might help bolster morale. And if you can do something about the beast – even better.” The lord gives Mylea a hopeful look. “Just cross the river via the stone bridge and follow the path.”

9. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Edward looks at Avella next. “Well, another healer won't hurt... but you seem like a warrior, so perhaps you could help put an end to the beast instead?” He gives her a hopeful look, but does not press the issue, leaving the choice to her.

The Singing Maiden is easy to find. The common room is largely empty, only a couple of people drinking by themselves in the corners and a few waitresses sitting at a table chatting quietly. A pretty blonde woman with an outfit that shows quite a bit of cleavage approaches you.

[​IMG]

“Welcome to the Singing Maiden, miss! I am Patricia, the owner. Are you looking for a room, by any chance? If so, you are in luck – we have a few available. The cost is 5 Gil per night and includes both dinner and breakfast. The girls working for me are not whores, but if you manage to convince one of them to share your bed – that's fine. However, should you try to force yourself on any of my girls I'll gut you and throw your corpse in the river. Got it?” Though said with a smile, Patricia's tone of voice and piercing eyes leave no doubt that she is completely serious.

Leaving Avella to think about it Patricia moves over to another potential customers and tells him largely the same. Then she stands to the side and waits to find out if either of her visitors would like a room.

10. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

"I can help with hunt for the beast sir, but I'm not the hunter so I don't know how to track down predator in the wild. So, if there is nobody who help me find beast, I can only offer my protection." Avella said to lord and leave to Singing Maiden.
    "It looking nice to me, madame Patricia I will take one room for myself." Avella smiled to owner and paid for two nights 10 Gil. She left her bag with rations and spare clothes in room and then decided to go to lumber camp, where beast attack last time.
    "After all, death of people is more important than some arguments, so I should take this one at first." She said to herself, walking to lumber camp, to find boss of woodcutters.

11. asddas193

asddas193 CHYOA Guru

Simply smiling like the old man he was, as the tavern owners explained how things work. Hohoho! So as long as they agree I can bed whoever I wish. Anton the perverted geezer hides a lustful grin as his smile turns into a grin, and as he looked at the two inns, Now, choices choices. While the wenches were a bit more busty in the Golden Brooch, I think I can get free boarding if I seduce this blondie here. Anton pondered, though he was used to sleeping outside during his years long adventures. In his old age, he'd rather not risk sleeping on any hard surfaces, lest his back give out completely.

Clearing his throat as he made up his mind, figuring that the Golden Brooch will have more rooms available for much longer due to its higher price. "Why yes, my dear. I would like to procure lodgings here." Anton replied in a wise elderly tone, until he decides to test the waters with the tavern owner, "But as for convincing the girls to share my bed... does that also include you?" He asked in a confident tone, looking straight into her eyes to see her reaction.

12. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

"Thank you, my lord. I'll go there now." Mylea gives the lord a smile, bowing low and thinking how lucky it is she decided to wear her more conservative outfit today - said outfit still only covering about 40% of her body. After all, she mustn't come across as too flirty.

The half-dryad takes the aforementioned route, thinking on how she can solve the problem. After all, she can heal the wounded, but that won't matter much if the wolf is still attacking people. I have to go into the woods when I'm done with the sick, and find this wolf. My powers should help me discover why he's gone feral - hopefully I can solve this without bloodshed.

Crossing the bridge, the priestess heads to the logging camp, asking the first person she sees "Blessings upon you! Could you tell me where I can find those poor souls wounded in the wolf attacks? Also, I'll need to speak to your foreman."

13. Avatar Kyoshi

Arthuria leaves her Horse by The Mansion as She entered and listened to Lord Edwards Speech. When everyone left she stayed and Shows him The Scroll with The Royal Seal.

"Ser Arthuria Pandragon of The Knights Roundtable. I came on behalve of Our Royal Majesty to Support Your efforts in establishing a City. You mentioned Your Problems already and i will See to it that Your Soldiers are properly trained. I Hope they have a proper Armory for that Task?"

14. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Ganith finally found himself in Marika. It had been quite the trek, but finally, he made it. He gave a confident sigh as his eyes finally land on the town. How exciting....a New town with plenty of opportunities. A few of the village women on the way in give him curious glances and he makes sure to grin and wink at each of them to acknowledge that he noticed their interest. He'd have plenty of time to meet and greet once he found a place to relax and stay for a time. The guards took his name and once they heard he was an adventurer, they directed him to visit the two-story mansion that was apparently the home of the local lord.

No, that wouldn't really do...He thought to himself. Ganith didn't care about some greasy noble or his presumably unpleasant wife. They never send the pretty ones this far away from safety. He would have plenty of other chances to introduce himself later. Right now, he just wanted a place to rest and relax and maybe drink or have some fun.

Once away from the prying eyes of the guards at the entrance of the town, Ganith attempted to duck away and make his way towards the central part of town to find lodging and drink. Of course, without the lord's guidance, he wouldn't know the nicest inn from the scrummiest...

15. AnonYMooseBoG

AnonYMooseBoG CHYOA Guru

Heh. It already looks better than the slums, Lydia scoffs to herself as she nears the entrance. Is that really what a farm looks like? Just rows and rows and rows of plants? Once the guards get to her, Lydia gives them a false name, one newly made for this trip. "I'm Felicity Underhill, love. You say the Lord's wantin' to meet everyone? Perks of a small town, eh? Well, I guess I have to go if he insists so much." She masks her disdain with casual banter, a well-tested way to keep herself from giving too much away.

As she's waved through, she heads straight for the fancy stonework mansion. Now how much of that stone could have been used for somethin' which actually needed it, like a wall, instead of this shit? Shaking her head, she notices the stares she and the other new arrivals have collected, thankful she decided to wear a brown traveling cloak over her leathers. She lets the guards take her weapons. I can always just take 'em back if I need.

At first, Lydia only half-pays attention to the Lord's speech, far more interested in the mansion's expensive-looking contents than his flowered words, but the mention of work earns her ear. Hunting, eh? I’m a good shot, but I’ve never hunted a living quarry before. Hmm. I could teach the guards how to use a bow. Do I really want 'em to be better shots, though? I was never much for book learnin', so that's out. Plus I'd be stuck spending time with the stuffy bitch. Hold on, how the hell does this place support two alchemists? It’s fucking tiny! Weighing the options as the Lord finishes addressing them, she quickly decides on training the guards. It'll get me a good reputation and maybe some favors. Makes heists more exciting if the guards are actually good at their jobs, too. That elf's askin' about the wolf already anyway.

She silently departs, re-collecting her weapons at the main entrance before looking around for the barracks. Nice to know the "good" tavern from the best tavern in town, but seein' the captain shouldn't take long.

16. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

@Arachna Komi reaches the farms on the outskirts of the village about an hour after the others – not that she's aware of that fact. Soon after that she is greeted by the guards at the village entrance, her name and reason for visiting are recorded, and she is directed to visit the lord's mansion. The guards, visibly bored, check her out though they try to be discreet about it. Then she is left alone, to do as she pleases, no one following her to make sure she actually goes to the mansion.

Avatar Kyoshi, Arachna and Regin34 like this.
  17. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Patricia rolls her eyes and sighs at the question. “Oh, great, another guy who thinks he can get free room by seducing me. If only I had a Gil for every time someone tried this...” She sighs again – clearly this is not the first time this has happened – then looks at Anton, her gaze cold and piercing. “Let's get one thing clear, old man. You are NOT staying here for free – I run an inn, not a charity! The most you can get is a 1 Gil discount on the price of the room... if you are not just talk and can actually satisfy a lady. Many people thought they had what it takes, only to discover they had overestimated their abilities. Will you be like them, or will you prove to be one of the exceptions? We shall see... Oh, by the way, the discount is for one night only. Every time you want it you'll have to persuade me to give it to you.” She finishes with a smirk, clearly aware that her last line sounded rather suggestive. “Now, would you like to pay for the room, or would you like to try satisfying me? Don't worry, old man, I won't charge you extra if you fail.”

Avatar Kyoshi, asddas193 and Regin34 like this.
  18. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

As she leaves Mylea can feel the lord's gaze on her butt, checking it out.

A quick question to the guards outside the mansion, and then Mylea is walking towards the stone bridge, her orcish companion close behind. “So, what are we going to do about the wolf? We can't just let it keep attacking and hurting people, even if you can just heal them afterwards. Maybe you can find it and then I can... do something to make it stop attacking people?” Galza sounds rather excited by the idea and there's no doubt in Mylea's mind that this is the real reason she came along – to fight the wolf.

The first person they meet turns out to be a guard heading back to the village – apparently his shift has ended for the day. “Blessings upon you as well, lass. Just keep following the path – you are almost at the camp. The foreman should be easy to find, but even if you miss him he will find you.” The guard assures her before continuing on his way.

Shortly after that the pair sees the camp in the distance and realize they are almost there... then they hear shouting and the sounds of battle. Without hesitation Galza rushes forward, followed closely by Mylea. To the orc's disappointment by the time they reach the spot the battle is already over. There is some dark, almost black, blood on the forest floor and a few wounded guards – though their armor seems to have protected them from the worst. For some odd reason there is a layer of frost covering the armor of most guards, though it is already starting to melt.

“Bah, looks like we missed the fun!” The orc sounds her disappointment while the priestess gets to work, healing the wounded. Just as she finishes another person arrives - a blonde elf in armor. Mylea recognizes her as one of the other adventurers that were present when the lord greeted them.

“Very well, here's your key. Don't lose it – if you do, I'm charging you extra for the spare!” Patricia warns her as she takes the money and hands her a simple iron key with the number 6 engraved on it.” The rooms are on the second floor.”

After leaving her stuff in her new room Avella heads towards the camp – passing a guard on the way and exchanging greeting with him – and arrives just as the priestess finishes healing the wounded. She realizes that she missed something due to the delay caused by stopping to get a room.

“We have visitors, I see.” The two women hear a man's voice and see a large bearded man approaching, an axe on his shoulder and another on his hip.
    [​IMG]
    “Welcome, lasses! The name's Patrick and I am the one in charge of this little camp! What brings pretty girls like you out here? Are you here to help us deal with that foul beast?” The man sounds hopeful as he looks at them... though he can't help but take a quick peek at Mylea's bust.

19. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Lord Edward takes a long look at the scroll, focusing on the royal seal in particular. Finally he nods and looks at her face. “Oh, my, what an unexpected but pleasant surprise!” He exclaims with joy and it is hard to tell whether he means the royal order, Arthuria herself, or both at the same time. “One thing we do not lack is equipment for the guards. We have various weapons and armor available, plus one of the two blacksmiths in the village is working for us, repairing damaged equipment and making more when necessary. We also have a large training area prepared, though it has not seen much use yet. But that is about to change with the increase in new recruits. For more details you'll need to speak with the captain of the guard. He should be at the Barracks right now, unless there was an emergency that required his presence.” The young lord explains. “I appreciate your assistance, ser Pandragon, and I look forward to seeing the guards you will train.” He smiles at her encouragingly. “Do you have any other questions?”

20. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

Ducking away from the rather large group proves easy. No one is paying much attention to him, thus no one notices when he takes a “wrong” turn somewhere...

A few polite questions later Ganith knows how to reach each of the inns – apparently it is pretty normal for new people to ask about directions, so no one thinks anything of it. He also gets a warning from a random villager. “I'd stay away from The River Vixen if I were you, friend. They call it The Gutting Wench for a reason... Sure, it always has fresh fish because it is right next to the river and the prices are cheap, but is that worth the risk?” And with that he walks away, leaving Ganith alone.