The new Adopt a Story Program

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by TwiztidClown, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Kineticat

Kineticat Really Really Experienced

If an active user already has it, I'm more than happy to leave it with them. I wouldn't want to butt in. I was just afraid it was sitting there neglected :)

Greyrock and gene.sis like this.
  2. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I added you as an editor. Happy writing! :)

Kineticat likes this.
  3. Kineticat

Kineticat Really Really Experienced

Thanks! After Gene.sis told me there was already an editor on the story I wasn't sure it'd be proper to butt in. If it's OK with you though, I'll take it :)

Friedman and Greyrock like this.
  4. Daylan

Daylan Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

MidbossMan and Kineticat like this.
  5. Greyrock

Greyrock Really Experienced

MidbossMan and Kineticat like this.
  6. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Kineticat, Daylan and Greyrock like this.
  7. alicetinycf

alicetinycf Experienced

8. 2p1k3

2p1k3 Experienced

Stepdaughter vs Babysitter seems abandoned. If the author is truly inactive; I would like to adopt it. Derek seems to be the only listed author for the entire story. The entire story has yet to get a new chapter, beyond the waiting ones submitted by me, since it was imported from chyoo.com

For sharing your time, grateful am I.

9. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

2p1k3 likes this.
  10. 2p1k3

2p1k3 Experienced

Wouldn't it be clearer for that line to say "Maintained by _blank_" instead of "Created by …"? Managed would also be a good alternative.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    gene.sis and Greyrock like this.
  11. bbc4lwg

bbc4lwg Virgin

Hello I last logged in about a week ago; you submitted one thread four days ago, so the wait hasn't been as terrible as implied. Your thread is now approved.

That said, I don't come by much anymore, so you can take the story if you want it. It's possible I don't return for awhile.

gene.sis likes this.
  12. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Usually, the creator of the introduction chapter is the same user as the one who is mentioned in the line "Created on ... by ..."
    Earlier in the history of the site, the adopter replaced the original owner who is the author of the introduction chapter.

Now it is possible to assign several owners and editors.
    But those aren't visible for readers which is the reason I mentioned the user. (I haven't even noticed that it was shown in the about section.)

In the next version, there will most likely be a page that states all current owners and editors.

Greyrock likes this.
  13. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hey Alice, I added you as an owner to Jenny and Liz at the Poker Party.

To access your old account, please contact me via a private message.

I added you as a second owner to Stepdaughter vs. Babysitter. Happy writing!

14. dude501

dude501 Virgin

Hi there,

I'd like to become an editor on this story, or even an owner again, if possible:
    https://chyoa.com/story/Shrunk-in-a-Women's-Wrestling-League.21393

I used to own it, but then I had my account deleted, leaving ownership to user Crankowanko. After I discovered that this account somehow still existed (it seems all that was terminated was my ownership of the story and my old messages), I tried asking Crankowanko to give me an editor role, but the story wont give him an option to edit it, despite his apparent ownership role.

Thanks!

15. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I added you as an owner.

If your account is a legacy account, it will be synchronized with the old chyoo database when you log in again.

16. Vestiphile

Vestiphile Experienced CHYOA Backer

Hi there!

I was adding a draft chapter to "Telepathy & Telekinesis" {https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.79718} and I just realized that the original author has vanished/deleted account.
    This is a moderated story. Can I please be made the owner so that I might open it up to others and/or continue it?

Thank you as always!

17. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hey Vestiphile,

Of course! I added you as an owner.

Happy writing! :)

18. 2p1k3

2p1k3 Experienced

Curse

How long is it customary to wait to see if an author returns, before letting another member adopt a story? The linked story above, has been waiting about a month. Waiting longer is perfectly fine, just like to plan ahead.

For sharing your time, grateful am I.

Friedman likes this.
  19. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hey 2p1k3,

At least six months. But I approved your chapter and added you as an author so that your new chapters are approved automatically.

Happy writing! :)

20. JohnLocke4

JohnLocke4 Virgin CHYOA Backer

https://chyoa.com/story/Fallen.28931

Could I please adopt this abandoned story I've started adding to, the creator is no longer on the site and no one else but myself seems to be adding to it.