The new Adopt a Story Program

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by TwiztidClown, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Yurisenpai

Yurisenpai Experienced

I think not.

2. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I can check the backups. However, we consider a story to be the property of the creator.

Cuchuilain and gene.sis like this.
  3. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Adding to that... a chapter created by another author is considered the author's property.
    So while a story owner can delete their story and chapters, the other authors can still get their content back if possible.

Cuchuilain and Friedman like this.
  4. Cuchuilain

Cuchuilain Guest

Hi. I had written a few chapters in DoctorD's "To feel power". He has since deleted it. Would it be possible to get a copy of my chapters please?

5. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Do you know the IDs of your chapters (that would be the quickest way)? Or do you know when the story was deleted?

Cuchuilain likes this.
  6. Cuchuilain

Cuchuilain Guest

I've no idea. Just noticed it had gone. It sounds like a hassle - don't worry about it. I'll re-write them if I find another home for them.

Friedman likes this.
  7. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

I've noticed that sometimes people in this thread are assigned editor rights, and other times owner rights. Out of curiosity, what drives the choice for one or the other?

Cuchuilain likes this.
  8. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Ideally, an owner has already written chapters in the requested story, i.e. is invested to a certain extent.

Cuchuilain and TheLowKing like this.
  9. hookwormspx

hookwormspx Virgin

10. kingkhan19

kingkhan19 Virgin

I posted a chapter on the story "Lisa's Punishment" a while ago, but it still isn't approved yet. I have been told by others that the author is generally unresponsive and that I should get an admin to approve my submission.

11. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I've added you to most stories except stories from active users (hematoma, Feaver Dreamer, majus).

I approved your chapter.

Happy writing! :)

12. hookwormspx

hookwormspx Virgin

Thanks again, Friedman

Friedman likes this.
  13. Mr.B.

Mr.B. Moderator

Hi Guys,
    if possible I'd like to at least maintain this awesome story-game by Cphi: https://chyoa.com/story/Staying-Faithful.23944

He hasn't been present for the last 9 months, and the story hasn't been updated for I think more than 2 years. I hate to see it abandoned :)

My plan is to check the structure of the story (variables, etc..), fix what have to be fixed, add flavour text where it's reasonable, manage possible contributions, maybe add a chapter or two myself (i'm not that good unfortunately :)), and to keep a log of all the little changes I'll do.

To do that I'm not sure but I'll probably need owner's rights (there can be two owners?). Without any obligation of course, bye ;)

14. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hey Mr.B., I added you as an owner. Good luck! :)

Mr.B. likes this.
  15. extreme1000

extreme1000 Virgin

16. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

extreme1000 likes this.
  17. H&RCock

H&RCock Guest

18. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thanks for adopting a story!

I added you as an *owner*.