The new Adopt a Story Program

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by TwiztidClown, Jan 24, 2015.

1. chris_brown

chris_brown Really Experienced

Thanks Friedman

Friedman likes this.
  2. Lunaroseslut

Lunaroseslut Virgin

If possible, I'd like to take over https://chyoa.com/chapter/Introduction.749216
    (The destruction of dumbeldore's army) I like the premise and it seems like it's been in moderation for a long time with the author/author's mia.

3. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you! I messaged the story owner, you're in the conversation too. Let's see what he says.

4. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

He gave us the okay. You're now co-owner of the story. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. :)

5. Is it possible for me to adopt "In Three Lines"?

6. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I added you as an *editor*. Happy writing!

7. alliekat

alliekat Virgin

8. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

9. alliekat

alliekat Virgin

I've added three chapters to the story, but they're stuck in review because there's no owner of the story at the moment. Thanks in advance

Friedman likes this.
  10. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Awesome! Thank you! I added you as the new owner. Happy writing! :)

11. kingkhan19

kingkhan19 Virgin

Can I adopt "a first date nightmare"? The story hasn't been updated in years and the author isn't active.

12. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Sure, I approved your chapter and added you as an editor. Happy writing! :)

13. LastPandaOnEarth

LastPandaOnEarth Virgin CHYOA Backer

14. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hey, I added you as an owner. Happy writing! :)

15. kingkhan19

kingkhan19 Virgin

there was story on chyoa called witches brews. About a sorority of witches. I loved that story, but it was deleted. I'm thing about posting a story that's basically the same thing. The problem is that I love the characters and situations from a witches brew, and remember some of the general plot of some chapter. So should I copy the ideas and plot of the chapters and change the writing style? Or do I need to do something new?

Friedman likes this.
  16. Vestiphile

Vestiphile Experienced CHYOA Backer

I loved this story. Not sure this is the thread for it, since it's deleted...but I would adore helping to rebuild a new version. It sucks because that author was fairly good too. I had two chapters on that thing die due the deletion. DM or something, I'm around!

raziel83 and Friedman like this.
  17. MaxFlames123

MaxFlames123 Virgin

Is there a more recently updated list of stories that are up for adoption then the one on the first page?

raziel83 likes this.
  18. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

In general, you can adopt stories where the owner has been inactive for at least 6 months and you have contributed chapters (whether approved or pending).

19. hookwormspx

hookwormspx Virgin

20. Friedman

Friedman Administrator