The warring states of Ka'r Valley – fantasy Rp interest check.

Discussion in 'RPG Advertisment' started by majus, Apr 23, 2024.

1. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

2000 years ago, the Empire of Ma'r conquered all of the tribes, barbarians, domains, kingdoms and savages in the Ka'r Valley. The Empire of Ma'r ruled the valley undisputed with an iron fist. The decline of the empire was slow. Corruption, favouritism, neglect Came first. Then mad, incompetent and lazy Emperors and Empresses made situations worse. The invasions and raids from outside put a strain on the Empire, but it was the rule of evil Empress Octavia that pushed the situation over the edge. Numerous rebellions erupted around the Empire. The tired imperial armies were either defeated or switched sides. Eventually, the rebels burned down the capital and slain the evil Empress along with the entire royal family. That was the end, of the Empire of Ma'r.

What came next, was thousands of years of conflict. Numerous kingdoms rose and fell during that time. Numerous rulers tried to unite the continent... but all failed...

Hello again!

I checking for people interested in fantasy RP. The players, take roles of rulers of kingdoms in Ka'r Valley. The players will not only choose their ruler but will also be able to decide how their kingdom should look like – should it be the kingdom of righteous humans, dark elven matriarchy, High elven slaver kingdom, the dark god of pleasure chosen's domain... you will have a chance to decide that and many more!

[​IMG]

Life of a ruler is not an easy one – it's not only that you will have to interact and either cooperate or fight against other rulers (players) but there are internal matters that will require your attention. Rebellion, crises, bandits, invasions, plots, development, slaves, marriages, parties, orcs, magic, undead hordes, cultists, usurpers, alliances and trade agreements, artefacts and supernatural, wars and so much more!

As a ruler, the person in charge, you will rarely act directly – the success of your orders will depend on your subordinates and interactions with them. Their competence, their abilities, their... loyalty.

Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome!

Tjf and Regin34 like this.
  2. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

not usually for me, but I could try assuming the ruler will actually at least have some events to do things in, I mean

majus likes this.
  3. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Of course, the ruler is a decision making person after all :)

4. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

This might be interesting, depending on the exact system used. I might give it a try, if I can think of a character.

P.S.: A small typo in the title: It should be "warring states".

majus and Regin34 like this.
  5. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

I like fantasy settings, but I'm poor leader XD. But it sounds intresting enought to me to give it a try.

majus likes this.
  6. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

:eek:

Such an embarrassing typo!

The character sheet will be rather simple (I might base it a little on CK3 (computer game) sheet) and the kingdom building will be a little more complicated, but basically, it will be a choice sheet.
    For gameplay, I plan to use standard rules - old and tried ones. No experiments here.

Well, a poor king is still a king - and it's good to be king!

[​IMG]

The poor skill of the ruler might make the game even more interesting. f.e. You might need to base your rule on a corrupt vizier, or a secret cultist, or a family member... there are many possibilities and many events that can happen.

moonblack and Regin34 like this.
  7. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

Okey, here is my first thought about kingdom, I guess you mean something ancient?

Kingdom of rising sun. Something similar to Greek-Egypth, with two major rivers, Snake and Lion, giving life to desert, with field of grain and mines of silver and iron. Their army used battle chariots with rider and archer, some special has battle mages of sand, heat and wind.
    Ruling cast come from priest and priestess of cult, which claim that gods made Ma'r fall down, by their turning away from true faith. Royal family legitimaze itself by gods right to rule, by magical power to bring rain and prosperyty for fields of wheet, vegetables and fruit, by performing special rituals. In that moment rules Queen Melisena Thrid.
    [​IMG]
    As she succed her older brother, Heristenes, on the throne, after his mistery death on the lion's hunt. She have two younger cousins in family and baby child of her brother, under care of brother's former mistress. Hierical and Heliosie are sisters, twins, children of Melisena's uncle, who pass away of old age. His wife died in childbirth. Twins are just two years younger than Melisena.

One of the special laws in these lands mean, that criminal could repaid their punishment by naked service to the country.
    One of kingdom traditions is grand chariots race for beginning of summer, when everyone enough brave and skillfully could take a chance. Race is dangerous and chariots are not cheap, so there is not a lot of volunteers, but for winner waiting bless of the King/Queen and single wish, so there are still people willing to risk their lives.
    Royal guards take best archers and mages in the kingdom, as they pledge their loyalty to ruling monarch. All royal guards wear magical necklace with red gemstone, which allowed them to communicate and in hands of rule could bring them to submission in cause of treason.
    Higher rank of class in this kingdom is nobles with priests, they fill ranks of higher government, tax collectors, commanders of the army and religious centers.
    Lower class are merchants, craftmen, artists and engineers
    Lowest class are workers, farmers and whores.

One of major weakness of this Kingdom is

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    Arachna and majus like this.
  8. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

Interesting idea indeed! Not sure what character I'd make, but I'm in.

9. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Whenever I feel like i'm gone! Yall just tempt to drag me back in! :confused:

Regin34 and majus like this.
  10. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Something ancient is alright, you could also go with medieval, fantasy (elves/dwarfs/amazons etc), medieval japan/china, ancient egypt/greek/india/aztec etc.

This looks good!

Happy to have you!

You will never leave! We will not allow it! You are addicted to this and you would have higher chances to quit smoking or drinking then to leave us! Don't fight it! Come, join us~ you know you want it~ :D

11. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

In character creation you could add some basic what kingdom should involved. Like army, culture, natural resources, manpower, magic system, tradition, geographic etc.

Tjf and majus like this.
  12. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

That's the idea. On the other hand, i don't want to make too complicated kingdom sheet. But yes, I intend to include some things you pointed. It would be either a choice sheet with plusses or minuses about the kingdom and it's situation, or a slider for some things.

The problems would include bandits, corruption, evil necromancers, raids of amazons/orcs, etc. and benefits would include presence of strong adventurer party, loyal subject, prosperity of kingdom, etc.

13. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Ah - the problem is that I worry that i'll disappear again. Time zones are weird and I often come back to 3 or 4 pages of content to read before I get caught up. A busy few days at work and a dozen or more pages makes me feel like i'm far behind and is a bit demoralizing.

I know that I'm not ever really truly behind, but it just feels like it.

anyway, this is the kind of RP i've expressed interest in the past and was thinking of running one. I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but I don't actually remember what that idea was...:oops:

14. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

I was actually considering the solution to the time difference between players. Basically, when using diplomats or sending messages to other rulers (players) there would be 2-3 real (not game) days of delay before the message arrives to the one it was addressed to. That would allow players to concentrate on their own kingdom at their own pace, while the interactions between them would be purposefully delayed. Of course, if two players were using magical artefacts or were in the same place, there would be no delay.

Don't worry - It will come back... in a most annoying moment when you are doing something completely unconnected and it's way after you needed it :confused:
    Also, I am open to any suggestions for the RP!

Regin34 likes this.
  15. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Debating between these two

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m thinking either a barbarian tribe or a dark witch kind of thing

Tjf, majus and Regin34 like this.
  16. Regin34

Regin34 CHYOA Guru

I think barbarian look better.

majus and Arachna like this.
  17. merkros

merkros CHYOA Guru

Although this might be a bit...much. I'm brainstorming a bit. (Yes i stole the name from LOTR)

The Woodland Realm - A vast forest rests at the edge of the Ka'r Valley. Within it lies The Woodland Realm, a cluster of disparate tribes. Once ruled by The Woodland Elves, a race of elves with dark skin and oaken hair and a piercing gaze. However, the rot of the Empire of Ma'r was felt hard here. The Woodland Elves were comparably few but supported by The Empire for centuries, which led to them ruling over the other tribes with an iron fist and prevented the other tribes from causing trouble along the borders.

As The Empire crumbled, so did the support for The Woodland Elves, and eventually, the forest reached a breaking point. Civil war broke out, but none of the tribes fully trusted the others which led to much fighting between the groups. After much warring was done, a tacit peace was established. An agreement was made that leaders from each tribe would meet to elect a new King or Queen every century, or when the previous ruler had died. The 100-year part of the agreement was not met well by the very long-lived elves, but they were not in a position to protest as they had borne the brunt of the war and the agreement mostly united the other tribes in agreement.
    [​IMG]
    As one of the orchestrators of the peace that ended the war and part of the most populous tribe, Farliele of the Faunas made the obvious choice for the other leaders to get behind. Although being the first Elected Queen of The Woodland Realm was not going to be easy for her. Especially as the fires of civil war were only just being put out. The Woodland Elves were still bitter at their defeat and supplantation and the other tribes were mistrustful of one another as well. Their biggest strength and greatest weakness was the diversity of their realm.

Thoughts on the other tribes -
    So instead of one normal-sized kingdom, I figure The Woodland realm would be more or less one slightly larger kingdom split between four or five different groups that all have a large amount of independence from one another. Each one sort of complements the others in that sense that together, they would have a wide array of skills and abilities, but separate, they were weak in many ways.

Faunas - Would be the most average and human-like of the races. They would have goat-like features like you see in many depictions of Fauns and Satyrs

Woodland Elves - would be skilled archers but not amazing in hand-to-hand combat. They would probably serve as some kind of on-again/off-again antagonists due to bitterness at being overthrown.
    [​IMG]

Draconians - would maybe be shapeshifters who would be skilled agents and stealth but maybe not so liked since they're so different.
    [​IMG]

Centaurs would be good fighters or something

and then maybe another race...I don't know, i've been AI Arting for like two hours... and my poor PC needs a break.:confused:

So their advantages would be things like...
    -being powerful when united
    -easy to defend land

and their disadvantages would look something like...

- Decentralized governance where the queen doesn't really have THAT much more power over the various chieftains
    - Primitive, Not much armor, maybe copper or iron weapons, and reverence of nature leading to slow advances of technology
    - Considered uncivilized due to their primitive nature and openness about nudity (and probably sex) which probably leads to everyone outside of The Woodland Realm to mistrust them.

18. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

Just so you know, the first pic seems to be broken.

majus likes this.
  19. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

[​IMG]

works on mine, and I used discord so seems odd it doesn't. but trying again using a bit of a more convoluted process. Still not sure if that's what I'm going to do, but barbarian girls are fun. But so would be sorceresses. I don't know.

majus likes this.
  20. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

I think it's because you used a Discord link. I can still see the initial picture, likely because my browser has it cached, but if I try to open it in a new tab I see this message instead:
    But the new link seems to work fine, so it doesn't mattter.

majus likes this.