Threads approval reports

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by Mr.B., Aug 2, 2014.

1. MissNix

MissNix Experienced

2. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

3. Ebanu8

Ebanu8 Virgin

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  4. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

5. Ebanu8

Ebanu8 Virgin

Thanks man, and thanks for the tip.

Friedman likes this.
  6. TimT85

TimT85 Virgin

7. Dr. West

Dr. West Experienced

April? Oh dear, is the approval backlog this congested?

8. Almax

Almax Really Experienced

As I understand it, there's nothing to worry about! Stories and chapters are generally published within 24 hours, usually WAY less, but thread approval stuff needs to be approved by the story's owners and not the site's mods. It's for stories that allow anyone to make entries, but the creator gets to check it for quality or whatever else they like before it's made into a public addition. This forum thread is for approving stuff that's been published on those stories, but not been approved/denied (usually because the author is inactive or not responding).

Dr. West and gene.sis like this.
  9. TimT85

TimT85 Virgin

The April chapters were probably forgotten or accidentally skipped over, because they do have an "orphan chapter" (a chapter continuing from an in review chapter) published. I had forgotten about them as well, until checking up on my "In Review" chapters list. The late September stuff is in a story that, when looking over the Story Map, is full of orphan chapters from other authors, so I feel that the owner doesn't do a thorough sweep of their own backlog.

10. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

TimT85 likes this.
  11. Cadance

Cadance Virgin

I've had my first story up for about a week, but I think only in the review queue for two-three days now (I don't think I submitted it the first time) - what's the general time to approve new work?

Kineticat likes this.
  12. Kineticat

Kineticat Really Really Experienced

I've only published three myself here so far but around 2 days sounds right to me. Given the mods have to manually check and approve them makes me think it can go slowly at times if they are really busy. Hopefully you get it soon!

Cadance likes this.
  13. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I have to check with the moderators regarding bestiality! Stay tuned! :)

Cadance and Kineticat like this.
  14. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I approved your story. One moderator pointed out that the fan fiction note might be missing.

@AlexandraS90 I thought your post was funny :)

Kineticat likes this.
  15. Rafael

Rafael Virgin

chris_brown likes this.
  16. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

As the chapter is in the middle of the branch, I guess the story owner missed the notification.
    I forwarded the issue to the story owner.

Please let me know if the chapter is still pending in a few days.

17. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

The story owner has approved the chapter.

I've also noticed that the story is public, so when you publish a chapter it should go public instantly.

Friedman likes this.
  18. OneyedSmurf

OneyedSmurf Virgin

Friedman likes this.
  19. toddlertree

toddlertree Virgin

I posted a couple threads for a story that I like but the editor hasn't checked in for a couple months + now. The story is The Pillowy Prison by Flauros. Please approve the stories. If Flauros no longer wants to maintain the story, I am willing to be the editor. The Pillowy Prison — CHYOA

Friedman likes this.
  20. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

I approved your chapters and made you an editor. Happy writing! :)