Threads approval reports

Discussion in 'CHYOA General' started by Mr.B., Aug 2, 2014.

1. menoetes

menoetes Virgin

Thanks Friedman, I appreciate it.

2. Torg

Torg Really Experienced

I fixed the links for my threads in the area you mentioned, and all of them for A Wishbone Tale.

Do you know how to fix links like this?

Friedman likes this.
  3. Torg

Torg Really Experienced

AaronWebster is. I don't know if he's active, but if not, I'd take it over.

4. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

No, he's not active, and ... you're the new owner :)

5. menoetes

menoetes Virgin

No, I don't know how to fix links on CHYOA, I went looking for a link button or icon but couldn't find one. I guess I just haven;t spent enough time on the new site to get super familiar.

6. Torg

Torg Really Experienced

7. chief

chief Virgin

Dear Friedman, i posted a thread to https://chyoa.com/story/war-and-sex-in-fillindale/cover on April 30. Could you approve the thread ? Also it seems like the last time SlidingInSilk posted anything was on April 30, 2014, could you check up on her and see if she would like to continue the story ? And if not would it be possible to put the story in the Adoption Program ?

8. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Your thread seems to be like an end in never-ending ecstasy :) Btw, your observation is true. SlidingInSilk wasn't active since then. Do you want to adopt the story or should I just ask others?

chief likes this.
  9. chief

chief Virgin

Ask others please. I just occasionally add threads, don't have the interest to actually run a story.

10. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Sure, no problem.

chief likes this.
  11. godoferror

godoferror Virgin

If I create a new story, would I not be the owner of it? If so, why is it pending, and who approves it? BTW, like the icon Friedman! Always like watching Milton's videos found on youtube.

Friedman likes this.
  12. Trugbild

Trugbild Really Experienced

A story have to be approved by a moderator. All following threads can be approved by the owner/editor.

I think, this is neccesary to prevent automatic spam

13. godoferror

godoferror Virgin

I understand that, however, if I create the main story, would I note be it's owner? Because that wasn't what happened.

Thanks Friedman for changing the status from pending to active!

14. Trugbild

Trugbild Really Experienced

If you create a new story, you are the owner of it.

airwreck likes this.
  15. DoctorWhat

DoctorWhat Virgin

I recently posted something for 'The Shepherd Family' and still waiting for approval. Like 'Aunt Julie' that too is one of my fave stories.

16. Simon_Silver

Simon_Silver Guest

About how often do the mods approve/deny stories? And what happens if they get denied? Do they just vanish?

17. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

It usually takes up to 24 hours until a story is approved, in most cases it's faster. If a story gets denied, it stays in your list and can be rechecked (message via forum or "Report a problem" required).

18. ddf_21s

ddf_21s Virgin

19. BoomBoomPow

BoomBoomPow Virgin

20. Torg

Torg Really Experienced

You can see unapproved threads, if you are in the parent thread. So, it's possible to have views before you are approved.

These threads are list in the bottom of the parent thread as "Not approved yet". They don't show up in the story map.