Under The Darkest Hour(A gothic vampire/witch hunter) story

Discussion in 'RPG Advertisment' started by Arachna, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

After having managed to actually finish something I started on a discord game, I’m feeling pretty good. I determined a few things. Namely, that I’m the only thing that really stands in my way. The second that probably the biggest factor is in fact, that I try too hard and it leads to too much indecision on my end

I always toyed with the idea of a Victorian era van helsing kind of game, so I was wondering if other people would be up for doing it. Characters being hunters or monsters. Part of the game will be managing threat and exposure. While some things like werewolves in beast form don’t take much to prove, it won’t be enough to just slay vampires or witches indiscriminately without solid enough evidence to the order and authorities. By contrast a hunter doesn’t want to risk making themselves too known or famous and have their prey go into hiding, but also will have a tougher time being seen as credible without it.

While I’m not going to try making it overly complicated, I do want to know where people’s overall interest is before I do too much work on it.

Small exposition:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Recruiting!

The Order Of The Wilted Rose

As the days ahead darken, be it for war or a harvest barren, our society remains plagued by a far more dangerous foe. We have seen the darkness lurking. The fangs of the beasts that would call us prey. Be they to consume thy flesh or drain our blood, the supernatural scourge has overridden much of the world. It thus, falls to us citizens with the willingness and conviction to fight back. This is the purpose of the Wilted Rose. To fight what others who would swear they would do the same won’t.

The Church of Aquer would tell you it’s your only means of protection, yet only lends an hand to those who will bend to it. And this in lies the issue with organizations such as the thugs of the Bassard family only loaning their services to the rich, or the impetuous Faustian dealings lurking in the Vokiria Foundation that cause it to put discovery over sanity. Who is there to take the good fight to the beasts simply because evil needs to be destroyed?

We are the answer.

We are the Wilted Rose.

-H

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    majus likes this.
  2. chris_brown

chris_brown Really Experienced

Any plans on having vampires turning others in the game?

3. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

It’s certainly a thing that would happen definitely

4. chris_brown

Out of curiosity how descriptive will the turning scenes be?

5. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

I don’t know. They will exist, but I have little plans to make them graphic. I simply have no interest in blood play or the like.

6. chris_brown

7. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Wrote some factions and info. I'll get to work on character sheets soon, though I can't be sure if people will go for this or not, but we'll see, how it goes. I have been wanting to do a game along these lines for some time, so I kind of hope so.

8. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

A bit late, but I'm interested in this.

Arachna likes this.
  9. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Is it possible to join?

Arachna likes this.
  10. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Definitely. I’m still not going to make hard promises of how well this will work out for sure, but if I did it once before, I can probably do it again.

majus likes this.
  11. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

I am working on a witch character and have some questions.

How serious a bane have to be?
    In character creation, can Bane increase the maximum attributes? From 5 to 7?

Also, stats might need reworking. With that system, I maximised 4 of 6 attributes.

Stats (18 points):
    STR 1
    AGI 5
    MAG 5
    VIT 2
    INT (2.5) 5
    CHA (2.5) 5

12. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Hmmm. Maybe I’ll reduce the point total to 12?

Banes are weaknesses and they vary but it should be something that could reasonably come up. They aren’t strictly magical in nature, like alcoholism. Blessings can potentially raise maximum thresholds for attributes, yes

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  13. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

That would be one option.

In skills, you can use only one point for each of four skills, or can you give more points into a skill, f.e. give 4 points to mind magic; or 1 point to hand-to hand and 3 points to poison magic?

14. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

other option might be to make 14 stat total and remove the discount to intel and charisma skills, if not just drop to 12, but keep that.

You can put any amount of ranks to them.

15. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

Or raise the maximum limit.
    Your choice :)

16. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

How do blessings work? Do the supernatural start with 3 base blessings?

17. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Hmmm..maybe 8 as an upper limit then. Gives more of a higher ceiling but also discourages too much focus on one thing without changing too much.

I was thinking of doing that but haven’t had a chance to write or plot it out. I might revise later today if I can, since seems like I need to look over a few things, unless you already have things in mind.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  18. majus

majus CHYOA Guru

It can wait - I have a character in mind, but it will take some time to refine her.

19. Arachna

Arachna CHYOA Guru

Did a bit of revising with the sheets. I think the changes probably help.

20. Tjf

Tjf CHYOA Guru

Planning a character for this, but I've got a bit on my plate, so it might take a while.

Arachna likes this.