Who is the GOAT of your favourite CHYOA genre?

Discussion in 'Story Feedback' started by wilparu, Mar 22, 2024.

1. wilparu

wilparu Really Really Experienced CHYOA Backer

There are a lot of excellent writers who dabble in the "Family" category. I could list a top 5 off the top of my head, with a couple that write almost exclusively in the genre and others who mostly write stories in other ones.

But the best there is, for me personally, is definitely https://chyoa.com/user/ThreeNipps.

I know, I know, what an edgy, hipster pick! Dude has over 60,000 likes, 750 followers, etc etc, but sometimes your favourite is just also very popular. :D

"Living In Your Sister's Shadow" is his masterwork and it's an epic. But probably my favourite ThreeNipps story is The House on 13th Street, the Halloween story he started about a pair of twins who move into a house haunted by the very horny, and ultimately terrifying, ghost of a long dead young woman who develops a dangerous obsession with the protagonist. Just great stuff. Legit creepy, even as it gets crazy hot (and also terribly sweetly romantic).

So, how about you?

VISION likes this.
  2. TheLeherengin

TheLeherengin Really Really Experienced

That's a tough one... I think Hiddenblade is one of my favourite authors on here in general along with Deviant Chalice but for very different reasons. Hiddenblade's stories are not normally my preference honestly, but their writing has kept me reading through what is essentially an incest story simply because of it's quality and well written characters and humour.

Deviant Chalice meanwhile writes non-con stuff that I absolutely love and is probably one of the only other people I've found on here who does write non-con the way I like it.

Queer Kestrel story Secret Masochist is also really hot and I also really like the way they write what is in my opinion non-con to con.

The Shade3000 is probably one of the only other people on here who specifically writes bad end style stuff that I like.

Meeples Meeples' story is another one that really hits my darker fetishes.

I'm also going to have to mention Gambio while I don't really like most of his stories, I do really like his writing style.

Miss Emmie's writing is really good, lots of fun bad ends and Yuri stuff

AnQnomous writes stories that are also generally not my taste, but again the writing and characters and most notably humour are amazing and highly recommended.

DeviantChalice, Zeebop and wilparu like this.
  3. chris_brown

chris_brown Really Experienced

Bob10 is probably among my favorites, I just wish he wrote more for one of my favorite stories

Zeebop and wilparu like this.
  4. VISION

VISION Virgin CHYOA Backer

Dude, ThreeNipps is who got me into writing Erotica. The story I'm currently writing is heavily inspired by (or actually just a bit of a rip-off of) Living In Your Sister's Shadow. That was the first story I read on CHYOA that I legitimately didn't want to end because it was so good...
    But honestly, you're up there too. Your take on the Affection Multiplier is sooo fucking good! You're definitely one of my bigger influences as well. I love how good you are with non-sexual intimacy. You have such a talent for describing things that happen between people without ever truly spelling it out. Always love to see you post.

5. DeviantChalice

DeviantChalice Really Experienced

Aw, shucks.

You're not too bad at it yourself.

6. TheLeherengin

TheLeherengin Really Really Experienced

Thank you!

7. TheLowKing

TheLowKing Really Really Experienced

My nomination is AllTheseRoadworks. I like that people aren't truly forced into sex in his stories, but are instead psychologically manipulated into it. It's not easy to pull that kind of thing off, and he does it very well. The only thing I wish is that more of his stories were finished. :p