Post bug reports here!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by airwreck, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Pirate64

Pirate64 Virgin

Whenever I try to read the story "Abandoned at Birth" by pipK, I get an error message saying "Sorry, I got distracted... Which page were you looking for?"

2. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

He has deleted this story. Sorry!

3. gar22

gar22 Virgin

Hello!
    I know it's not a bug, but would it be possible to add a dark-background mode? In general I read a lot at night and the white background really tires my eyes...
    If I am just mistanken, and such a setting is already exists, could you share me where do I find it?
    Thanks in advance!

4. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Hi gar22,

Thank you for your message! There is a dark mode. You can activate it via the "A" icon:
    Screen Shot.png

Happy reading :)

5. moonblack

moonblack CHYOA Guru

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I was able to access a rejected chapter that I can't normally see. How I did it:
    1) Went to https://chyoa.com/user/the_high_king
    2) Clicked on "Recent Activity"
    3) Saw where it says "the_high_king commented on the chapter Lily is calling with news in The Book of Corruption."
    4) Clicked on the link leading to the chapter called "Lily is calling with news"
    I was then able to open https://chyoa.com/chapter/Lily-is-calling-with-news.509089 and read it. I can see a "Sorry, we'll wait and see." text between the author's name and the ad at the top of the page.

I am added as an author on the story, so that might have something to do with it. Still, like I said I can't normally see the chapter in question (since it's rejected for the moment), so I was wondering if it is intended that I can view it via the method described above.

6. chromedome

chromedome Virgin

The problem is, dark mode only seems to apply to the story pages. The front page, notifications page, settings page, etc. are all still blindingly white if you turn dark mode on, as is the header bar on the story page.

Would it be possible to get a dark mode that applies to the entire site?

7. Nemo of Utopia

Nemo of Utopia CHYOA Guru

This has been suggested in the suggestions forum by just about everyone...

8. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you, moonblack! This behavior is indeed intended. You can see the chapter if you’re part of the story group (i.e. have a role).

9. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

You can vote for that by liking the first post of this thread (Not sure if there are more suggestions about it yet). There, you'll also find a workaround to style the site with a third party tool.

10. KhepriDrone

KhepriDrone Virgin

Hello! Was looking at the 'stories posted by backers' and noticed that the last time Night Seminar updates was apparently before the birth of Christ? It says last updated 2019 years ago.

Not that big deal of a bug but something to look at nonetheless.

Attached Files:

11. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thanks, KhepriDrone! :)

12. PMON

PMON Virgin

All the chapters that I've read are now showing up as unread, what might cause this?

13. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

DoAdventures and fikka like this.
  14. PMON

PMON Virgin

Thanks!

Friedman likes this.
  15. chromedome

chromedome Virgin

I've "liked" that particular post.

It would also be nice if the dark theme were applied before the page is served to the browser. Right now, when I have the dark theme selected, it looks like it's applied client-side, since I often get a blindingly white flash before everything goes dark... so to speak.

Ms. Hammer Critic and fikka like this.
  16. gene.sis

gene.sis CHYOA Guru

Currently, you could avoid that flash if you use a third-party plugin to manipulate the CSS of the site. (I mentioned that in the linked thread)

a basic grey on black could be done with
    Code:
    body {
        background-color: #000000;
        color: #999999;
    }
    .sidebar, .sidebar-content-wrapper {
        background: #000000;
    }

If you consider trying that, feel free to ask if you need to restyle other elements.

17. Geromichi

Geromichi Virgin

For some reason my notifications all disappeared. My chapters read all went back to unread, but that fixed itself. The notifications arent the end of the world just annoying.

18. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

19. Glarghz

Glarghz Virgin

FC3108BC-0548-4419-9D84-DA191FCAD924.png Notifications not showing

Long time reader, first time post on the forums.

Lately when I look at my notifications I can only view the most recent since the last time I logged in, but cannot look at anything from before.

Photo included

20. Friedman

Friedman Administrator

Thank you for your message!

I had to set up a new server. See https://forum.chyoa.com/threads/anyone-else-getting-a-lot-of-520-errors.1890/.

Old notifications will be imported soon. The database table is so big that it takes some time :)

Glarghz likes this.